Re: ibopenarc.so.0: cannot open shared object file

On 15.01.2018 09:23, Jonathan Sélea wrote:
> On 2018-01-14 17:04, Juri Haberland wrote:

>> I must admit that I don't install OpenARC into the usual places, bur
>> install it in /opt/openarc  - that makes it easier for me to delete it
>> if I
>> install a new version or install a distribution package.
>> Thus, my configure command looks like this:
>> "./configure --prefix=/opt/openarc"

> I removed everything, downloaded it again and ran the configure command
> that you did in order to have a good structure:

Well, you seem to have removed the sources - but not the already installed
binary files at /usr/local/sbin/openarc and /usr/local/lib/libopenarc.so* ...

> git clone https://github.com/trusteddomainproject/OpenARC
> cd OpenARC/
> autoreconf -fvi
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/openarc
> make
> make install

Now you installed the freshly compiled binaries into
/opt/openarc/{lib,sbin}/ as I did, but this location is usually not in the
search path, so ...

> openarc -V

... should have yielded an "openarc: command not found" had you really
removed everything before.

> "openarc -V" did output the same errormessage as before, and "ldconfig
> -p | grep libopenarc" did actually show the following:
> 	libopenarc.so.0 (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/local/lib/libopenarc.so.0
> 	libopenarc.so (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/local/lib/libopenarc.so
>
> I ran a "ldconfig" again and voila - openarc can now execute when I call
> it :)

So did you really run "ldconfig" the last time I asked you to?

I doubt that this has anything to do with your new installation into
/opt/openarc...

  Juri