Re: ibopenarc.so.0: cannot open shared object file

On 14.01.2018 14:56, Jonathan Sélea wrote:
> libopenarc.so.0 and libopenarc.so is in the catalogue that you
> mentioned (usr(local/lib)

> If I am not wrong, openarc expects that libopenarc.so.0 is in the same
> catalogue as the openarc binary?

No, openarc expects libopenarc somewhere in the library search path, which
includes /usr/local/lib.

Please run "ldconfig -p | grep libopenarc" to check, whether it is really
found. If you don't get an output, run "ldconfig" and redo "ldconfig -p |
grep libopenarc".

> My system in an Ubuntu 16.04.3, I have the same problem on Debian 8 and
> 9 so it must be something that I do wrong. What is the process you
> follow when you deploy it? From Download to adding it as milter if I may
> ask

I must admit that I don't install OpenARC into the usual places, bur
install it in /opt/openarc  - that makes it easier for me to delete it if I
install a new version or install a distribution package.
Thus, my configure command looks like this:
"./configure --prefix=/opt/openarc"

But if you are on an Ubuntu system, then you must install libmilter-dev,
not sendmail-devel - there is no such package.
The packages you mentioned (*-devel) look more like RedHat/CentOS, not
Debian/Ubuntu...

  Juri