Re: ibopenarc.so.0: cannot open shared object file

On 2018-01-14 17:04, Juri Haberland wrote:
> On 14.01.2018 14:56, Jonathan Sélea wrote:
>> libopenarc.so.0 and libopenarc.so is in the catalogue that you
>> mentioned (usr(local/lib)
>
>> If I am not wrong, openarc expects that libopenarc.so.0 is in the same
>> catalogue as the openarc binary?
>
> No, openarc expects libopenarc somewhere in the library search path,
> which
> includes /usr/local/lib.
>
> Please run "ldconfig -p | grep libopenarc" to check, whether it is
> really
> found. If you don't get an output, run "ldconfig" and redo "ldconfig -p
> |
> grep libopenarc".
>

>> My system in an Ubuntu 16.04.3, I have the same problem on Debian 8
>> and
>> 9 so it must be something that I do wrong. What is the process you
>> follow when you deploy it? From Download to adding it as milter if I
>> may
>> ask
>
> I must admit that I don't install OpenARC into the usual places, bur
> install it in /opt/openarc  - that makes it easier for me to delete it
> if I
> install a new version or install a distribution package.
> Thus, my configure command looks like this:
> "./configure --prefix=/opt/openarc"
>
> But if you are on an Ubuntu system, then you must install
> libmilter-dev,
> not sendmail-devel - there is no such package.
> The packages you mentioned (*-devel) look more like RedHat/CentOS, not
> Debian/Ubuntu...

Hi again,

I removed everything, downloaded it again and ran the configure command
that you did in order to have a good structure:

git clone https://github.com/trusteddomainproject/OpenARC
cd OpenARC/
autoreconf -fvi
./configure --prefix=/opt/openarc
make
make install
openarc -V

"openarc -V" did output the same errormessage as before, and "ldconfig
-p | grep libopenarc" did actually show the following:
	libopenarc.so.0 (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/local/lib/libopenarc.so.0
	libopenarc.so (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/local/lib/libopenarc.so

I ran a "ldconfig" again and voila - openarc can now execute when I call
it :)

And yes, libmilter and libmilter-dev is installed on the system. Sorry
that I was not clear about that!

Thanks for the help and pointers :)