Re: gmail spf=softfail with openarc

Ok, this all makes more sense now. Thanks all!
-Michael.

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 04:28:03PM -0400, John Capo wrote:
On Wed, July 17, 2019 15:04, Michael Taboada wrote:
I'll admit I may be confused, but I thought ARC was supposed to cover this? As in my mail server
verifies spf, and then gmail trusts it based on that. Am I misreading the info?

Anyone can generate an ARC signature saying this phish from _BANK_NAME_HERE_ is valid and should be accepted.

The receiving entity has to have a trust relationship with the sending entity before ARC signing will be accepted/useful.

John Capo
Tuffmail.com

-Michael.

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 08:31:46PM +0200, A. Schulze wrote:

Am 17.07.19 um 19:49 schrieb Michael Taboada:

Hi,
I'm attempting to set up openarc on postfix. When I send an emai to my server from hotmail.com
which then forwards to gmail.com, I get spf=softfail, though it *seems* like arc is being
validated. Any help? A copy of an offending message is attached.

no surprise: you forward a message, so google see you ip sending as hotmail which is not
covered by hotmails SPF record.

Andreas